Sunday, November 29, 2009

Guzzling: Gallons or Glasses

 I have a confession to make. I have a serious problem. I am addicted to THE FIZZY STUFF. I think we all know what that is. A delicously prepared Thanksgiving dinner, made by Aunt Linda and my mom and Candice, can only be topped off with a glass or two (or more) of Martinnilli's sparkling cider. It's fancy soda. The first time I had this liquid heaven was when i was man enough to sit at the big kid table. Big kids present: Courtney, Nicholas, Jordan, Mason, Porter, Tanner, and Logan. I guess I became one of them that day. I have always been the biggest of the little or the littlest of the big. I was getting a tad bit frustrated with the younger ones because I don't really have their sense of humor. ( note that this is polite) Any way I was a little nervous, but once I had some sparkling cider, I felt relaxed. I must have drunk an entire bottle. I remember blowing into it after it was empty. I have also found someone else with this love, my great-grandpa Stumbagh. He drank two glasses, and topped off Candice's and Aunt Linda's, and still wanted more. This Christmas I hope to stock up on Martinnilli's. It may be my last chance to have an obsession. Soon, I may be forced into a dreadful thing hated by kids-maturity. Your cousin, son, brother, and nephew, Garrett Urmston   

2 comments:

Urmston Family said...

Garrett- I will side with on reeses but sparkling cider is nasty. The good news is next family get together I here by allow you all of mine. However if it's a sparkling cranberry from Trader Joes I will be keeping all to myself. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving enjoy your weeek. -Aunt Jill

Stake Camp Directors said...

Dear Garret, who in this family has strecthed into the realm of maturity? Just wondering.
p.s. props to Mason who has taken over the role of roll maker (fabulously)