Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Sport of Me

Don't worry, I won't insult anyone
Basketball is my love and my passion. This season I have not played as much as I want to, but have been to some amazing games of which I will not forget. My favorite, of all, was in Lost Hills. We were at at tournament and were ready to get some revenge on Tevis, who had played our 7th grade team the day before.They had pressed them and did not take out their starters until late in the 2nd quarter. During the championship game against Tevis, we were having our good times and our bad times. During the final 20 seconds, Tevis had the ball
and was holding it for the final shot. The score was tied 30 - 30. They shot, and missed. Jasmit Thind got the rebound at around 3 seconds and passed it to Colton Foster who took one or two dribbles and shot it a little above the three point line (on our side). It was a beautiful shot, like a normal jumper, and as i saw the ball floating I kept thinking, "No way. No. Wait.. Oh! Oh my gosh!! Come on.." and the ball amazingly swished straight into the net, touching nothing but it. After that, everyone went crazy, especially me. Like I said, i will never forget this game. We just won league Wedensday, and are getting ready for County.
Garrett Urmston.

1 comment:

Urmston Family said...

Love Games like that. We have had a few this year with Mia's team. I went the Tevis jr.